Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to Square One

DSC_8488

You know what's really fun? Feeling like you've just wasted a ton of money and two weeks. Oh, wait. That's the opposite of fun. Haha. Silly me. My confusion can be the only reason why I managed to do both since we got here.

DSC_8494

So we're back to square one. No apartment. They want over $10K from us. Not gonna happen. So we're going private. I contacted a bunch of landlords, and we set up some viewings. We finally put down an offer on a flat in Mortlake, which is in southwest London.

DSC_8514

We're now on the fifth (I think) hotel, and we're moving again tomorrow. But oddly enough, things have turned around a bit this weekend. Mini-Minion lost her beloved Poodle on the DLR, which really put a damper on our time here, but overall, I think we're in pretty good spirits. We're currently in Canary Wharf, and I kind of like this area. We've got a gorgeous view over the water at our hotel. I'd definitely move here.

DSC_8515

Tomorrow we head to Twickenham, which is also in the southwest. I was hoping this would be the last move, but we'll see. We just learned that the hotel will hold our luggage "no longer than one month." Wait, seriously? Because that is what has sucked the most about our moving around. What can we do but laugh?

DSC_8565

No comments:

Post a Comment