Wednesday, October 27, 2010

FAQs and More Pictures

DSC_9017

I have extra pictures, so I thought I'd throw them up with a FAQ. I get a lot of the same questions over and over (not just from people who read the blog), which isn't really annoying, but I thought it would be fun to put them up.

DSC_9007

1. Why did you move to Paris (in 2004)?
A: Because I felt like it. I wish there was a more exciting reason than that. I get bored easily. Other places on my list were Australia, the British Virgin Islands, Germany, and Italy. I found a program teaching English that we could do in France, so that's where we went. It seemed like a fun idea at the time. I don't regret it.

DSC_9053

2. Why did you leave Paris?
A: My mom died in 2004, and there were issues with my brother. Without getting into too much detail, we moved back to the States in 2006 take care of him and eventually became his legal guardians. We always intended for it to be a temporary move until he graduated from high school.

DSC_9066

3. Why did you move to London
A: See #s 1&2. Essentially. I get bored easily and we knew we wanted to move back to Europe. Most of the big stuff fell on me last time because M, while he can speak and understand French, wasn't quite as helpful with bureaucratic things. I thought it would be easier on all of us if we moved to an English-speaking country. That left Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales. We chose London.

DSC_9079

4. Are you even going to work in archaeology?
A: Maybe. I don't really like having to work for other people, although I realize it's necessary. It kills all the fun in the job, though, thanks to the whole office politics nonsense. Why would I want to kill my love of archaeology? If I'm volunteering, I don't have to deal with that as much. But I won't discount working for pay. We'll see. :)

DSC_9140

5. Why do you act so weird?
A: I don't know, but it's Mini-Minion's favorite question right now. Thank you, Lilo and Stitch.

DSC_9147

6. Do you regret moving to London?
A: Nope. I like London. I don't know if I like it as much as Paris, but I like living here. I like public transportation SO much better than driving, with a few exceptions (Costco & Ikea runs, for example).

DSC_9182

7. Why do you put up unrelated pictures on blog posts?
A: Ah, the picture thing is mostly for mine and M's (blood and extended) families, who don't get to see the kids very often. Maybe they're boring to everyone else? At least they break up the blog posts.

DSC_9183

4 comments:

  1. I've always secretly wanted to ask why you're so weird- but I figure I shouldn't question it too much or maybe you'll become normal and we'll stop being friends.

    <3alwayzzzz,
    Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pictures in the blogs, its fun seeing the kids look like the two of you!

    ReplyDelete