Saturday, August 21, 2010

Out of Greyscale, Life in Technicolor

DSC_7544

London is amazing. I could gush on and on annoyingly about its amazingness, but I'll refrain. Mostly because I think you'll all see its amazingness in these blog posts. It sells itself.

DSC_7555

The first night we were here, we walked over to Soho to take a look at the flat we're booked to view on Monday. LOVE it. Love the neighborhood, love the building, love EVERYTHING about it (except maybe the price, but what can you do?). Soho is ALIVE. Like Paris is alive.

The second day, M had to start work, so I took the kids to Russell Square to run off some energy. It was nice. Not really a kid park, but it was still nice.

DSC_7570

Today we were going to go to Regent's Park, but I didn't think M would have enough time before starting work at 4PM, so we'll put that off until Monday. We went south to the river instead and walked across Millennium Bridge. The other side of the river usually has street performers when we're here, and it's fun to see what's going on. Today we stopped at a man with his dog doing. . .I'm not exactly sure what. The man had trained his dog to be obsessive in the "I want to marry you" way about balloons. The dog wouldn't give the balloon up. He didn't rip a hole in it surprisingly, but the gimmick was for kids to come up and try to take the balloon from the dog's mouth.

DSC_7590

Mr. A went up first and was a little insane. I'm surprised he didn't scare the poor dog into jumping into the Thames. Yikes. M kept shouting, "Slow down! Don't lunge at the poor thing!" Mr. A just got caught up in the excitement.

DSC_7599

Mini-Minion was up next. She mostly chased the dog and laughed, and I think the guy got a big kick out of her. It's hard not to laugh when a baby does.

DSC_7612

A few feet down was this crazy area with a dance troupe and gigantic furniture made from astro turf. Obviously it was a huge hit with the kids. I won't lie. . .I kind of wanted to jump on it myself. I'd totally have that in the tacky house I live in inside my head.

DSC_7632

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pics and your story of how it all went. Austin enjoyed it as well!
    Love the use of the swim suit...moms rock with stuff like that!! :)
    Love ya!!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the kiddos are having a great time so far! I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete