Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Punks in Camden Town

DSC_7825

. . .Are not right on the border between Westminster and Camden. I was disappointed. I was also a little disappointed that the walk from High Holburn (where we were staying) to Regents Park was almost 40 minutes each way. I guess you get spoiled really quickly by almost a week of "just 5 minutes up the road by foot."

DSC_7844

So yeah, 40 minutes. Why 40 minutes? Not to see the park. Hahaha. I laugh at such nonsense. No, it was because M wanted to go to Pizza Hut. Yes, you read that right. We walked 40 minutes for a fast-food restaurant that a) we have in the States and b) had another location about a. . .5 minute walk from the hotel. It was worth the walk to stop by Regents, though. We only got to see a tiny portion of the park, which was the south-east playground. It was amazing. Pretty big, lots of (dangerous) stuff to do. The kids had a blast. Mini-Minion begged to go in the sand pit. All the kids had their shoes off, so I made like a sheeple and took hers off as well. Of course 60 seconds (maybe) later, she was done with the sand. And then her shoes wouldn't go on right, so it took way longer to put them back on than she was even in the darn sand pit.

DSC_7867

Mini-Minion has been very independent lately, and she refused the baby swings. She is ready to sit on the big swings. But swinging frightens her a bit, so she just sort of wants to sit there, or barely move. I guess if it's fun for her, that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

DSC_7878

That's sort of par for the course with her, though, because she really wants to do most things that move, but when they actually start moving, she gets really mad at the person who caused them to move. It's amusing about 90% of the time, depending on how much sleep I got the night before and whether or not food was involved immediately beforehand.

DSC_7901

And here comes the problem. See the picture below? This was the last picture taken before Mini-Minion decided to cross a rope bridge meant for older kids, lost her footing, slipped through the side of the rope, got her foot caught, and semi-hung upside down by her foot for a fraction of a second before falling all the way into my arms. It scared her enough for her to start crying. . .and then she wanted to get back up on the bridge. Sigh.

DSC_7911

That little incident obviously meant it was time to go home. We walked by UCL on the way back, and. . .we'll see. I just walked down Gower Street, so I didn't get the full effect. I didn't see the archaeology department. I'm waiting, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

  1. That jacket is so cute on her. I meant to send you ours, but I'm glad you found one.

    ReplyDelete