Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The power of positive thinking


Today was an exceptionally frustrating day. It has been long. It started too early and it's still not even dinner time. That's sad. But, on the positive side, I will definitely be ASLEEP by 10PM tonight. For reals.

I had to work today. I spent what felt like forever. Off and on for 10 hours. Yes, TEN hours. It made me really tired. But, on the positive side, it's "decent" money, and money is money. I paid off half of what I spent on Mr. A at Gap.



The kids drove me nuts today. They barely let me work. Mr. A took 2 HOURS to finish 10 Latin sentences. He is the world's slowest writer. I've got to figure out how to speed him up. But, on the positive side, he dressed up as our "engineer" today. Check out the wrench in his pocket. It made me laugh.


I hate work. Specifically, my work. It just doesn't do it for me. But, on the positive side, that means a better life for my kids.



I wrote well over 2800 words today, researched 7 different topics, fed two kids, taught one, dealt with three and had a dog barking in my ear a good part of the day. It was terrible. But on the positive side, I caught R on film acting the fool. And that's always great.



So today has been long, and I'm a little sad and frustrated about lots of things today that I can't even get into yet. I hope the rest of the week gets better. But, at the end of the day, I'm going to watch Star Trek with Mr. A and M, we're eating tacos, and I'm going to bed early. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment