Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baby Steps



This is life now. I was going to crop this photo, but in the end, I'm keeping it. This is the chaos. Fortunately, the bookshelf is clean and dusted, the excess books have been donated, and the small boxes we're not using have been recycled. It IS coming together. It's just a slow process. And it's a balancing act.

Today is 6/17. There is a near concrete plan. I can't get into it yet, mostly because I don't want to jinx anything. But yes, it's all taking shape. If it does actually work out, it will fall into place beautifully.

I can say that we should have everything shipped out by the end of July. I'm really hoping we can do it close to our 10-year informal reunion. There's a good chance (in the high 90s percentage-wise) that it will be that last weekend.



On another positive front, I got an email today that said the kids' passports are on their way. They're in San Jose now, so I bet I get them tomorrow. That's one less thing to stress about.

We still haven't heard anything about housing, but I read something online from someone who applied to one of the grad housing places we applied to, and he said he heard within a month. So I'm pretty confident we'll know one way or the other before we leave.


It really makes no difference. I booked our temporary accommodation at the Marriott already, so in the event that we have to house hunt, we will have a semi-cheap place to stay for up to 9 days.

Since I booked something, yes, we have dates now. I can't share them yet, because like I said, I don't want to jinx anything. But soon. I have a REALLY good feeling about our dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment