Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Am Different Than You Are


This is so very, very true. And believe it or not, I am really very comfortable with who I am. I recognize both my strengths and weaknesses. Yes, I'm sometimes rash, I'm strong-willed and very sharp tongued. I can be brutally honest, and I do have a temper. If I don't like people, I will tell them. I dislike weakness, and the biggest weakness to me is stupidity. I will exploit that. But on the other side of that coin, if you earn it, I am intensely loyal. I will bend over backward to accommodate the people I care about. If I don't like you, you will know. And I'm probably a helluva lot smarter than you think I am.

I've wrestled with the tone of this blog and the tone of my everyday conversations. I'm fluent in sarcasm. I'm a storyteller, so sometimes details are amplified. When I say something is "the worst" or "the most amazing thing ever," I naturally assume people will pick up on the hyperbole. The older I get, the more I realize this isn't the case. That sucks.

Who wants to feel like they're constantly explaining aspects of their personalities? Not me. So I thought maybe I shouldn't be so. . .me. . .when dealing with 99% of the population.

But where's the fun in that?

So no, I won't be changing the way I come across. If it bothers people, oh well. Because it's impossible to like everyone. There is no law that says we must have a relationship with any given person. And I'm not one for forcing relationships. It's not my style. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment