Sunday, December 19, 2010

Check it out!

DSC_9362

Halloween in December! Heck yeah! Ok, so I've been really bad about updating. I've been getting Facebook messages and posts (and emails) for a few weeks now, so I guess it's time to update from Halloween. . .just before Christmas! Go, me!

DSC_9365

Well, at the last minute, we decided basically to use what we already had at the house for the most part. We bought Ava a new dress (it's reversible!), and used my clothes for Alex. Ta-da! It's-a Mario. . .and Princess Peach. They did actually get recognized in the street, and people were really open to their costumes. Fun.

DSC_9368

It took us a bit to get used to the way trick-or-treating is done here. Houses that are participating have jack-o-lanterns lit on their front porches. Which totally made us feel like tools for lighting ours on our balcony and then taking off. But our building is coded, so I doubt anyone was able to get in anyway. We spent about an hour trick-or-treating, which was enough for us!

DSC_9370

(One of the few surviving photos of the blue hair.)

The kids got homebaked goods. Seriously. At least three or four houses handed out cookies, cakes and other things. They didn't get poisoned. I don't think that's even a consideration here. It was a novelty, and it even warmed my cynical little heart. :)

DSC_9373

No comments:

Post a Comment