Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Think Something Is Wrong With My Camera

DSC_9437

For reals. It's not focusing the way it should. But that's not what's wrong with these pictures. No, M likes to mess around with the camera. He fancies himself David Lachapelle or something. So whenever I start taking pictures, the settings are really jacked up. REALLY messed up. And it often takes me about 10 minutes to realize it. <--- Now that's my fault.

DSC_9441

I wish I had some cool story to go with these, but it's really boring. Mr. A had a school program where they got to show off the hats they all made for Maths Weeks. MathS. I don't get the extraneous "s." But when in Rome. . .

DSC_9473

Oh! I guess I could talk about Mr. A's school. . .He's enjoying it a lot. His teacher is really nice. The school does seem to beg for money a lot, which is tough, but I guess that's just the way it is these days. They do have a lot of fun activities. I think, though, that this is the undesirable school of the district. Their events don't seem to be quite as big as the neighboring schools.

DSC_9486

The student body is pretty diverse, which is nice. They also offer a lot of cool clubs, like Arabic, French, net ball, knitting, gardening, and drumming. Mini-Minion thinks Mr. A's school is really cool. She's always staring longingly at the nursery section, waiting for her turn to go in. She so badly wants to start school. Soon enough.

DSC_9492

The only thing I can even really complain about Mr. A's school is how we get there. Oh, that 419 bus is the bane of my existence right now, especially with it being so cold outside. Sometimes we wait for 25 minutes or more for it to come. It would take less time to walk. The 25 minutes wouldn't be so bad, except it's supposed to come about every 10-15 minutes, and I usually get there a few minutes before it's supposed to arrive. Sometimes it just doesn't show at all, and we've got to wait until the next bus is scheduled. That bus is also usually late.

DSC_9524

Back to the MathS show-off. There were a lot of awesome hats on display. I was impressed with what some of the kids came up with. Mr. A was a little embarrassed by his Fibonacci hat, but I thought it was adorable. He made and illustrated it all by himself, and that's really what counts.

DSC_9526

Mini-Minion ran out of steam about 3/4 of the way through the assembly.

DSC_9553

And she narrowly missed getting stepped on because she wouldn't move.

DSC_9557

No comments:

Post a Comment