Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No news is good news



That's the way I'm looking at it. I haven't gotten a phone call yet from the German Consulate, but that's a good thing! If they're not calling yet, that means they're not calling me to tell me there's a problem. It means my passport is likely on its way to Germany for processing. And that's fun.

In a few weeks, though, the tables will be turned, and I'll be waiting for a phone call saying that it's waiting at the Consulate. And at that point, no news won't be good news. Funny how that works.

We're packing up, which is not really fun work. It's kind of nice to get rid of so much stuff, though. I dread going through the garage. It's about 75% organized in the way that things are piled up on different sides of it, but it's not ready to be tackled yet. I'd love to just get in there and do it in two or three days, but it was 103 here yesterday. That doesn't really make me want to go outside at all.



Here's what's left on the list:

- Finish packing (I'm up to 7 boxes fully packed and another 3 almost done. That's almost half!)
- Fill out EEU Family Permit applications for M and the kids (17 pages each. That's fun.)
- Sign my loan docs, which I'm still taking out just in case. Better to be safe than sorry, even though we don't need to show the money anymore.
- Buy tickets (as soon as I get the phone call from the Consulate)
- Load the boxes up and take them to LA for shipping (haven't totally figured the logistics of this yet, but I have an idea).
- Sell everything in our house, drop off the leftovers at Goodwill, and somehow manage to sell our car before we leave, but not so far in advance that we don't have a car to get around until we leave.



Maybe tomorrow I'll post what we have to do once we get there. Because getting out the door is the easy part. M is training at his new job right now (he's double-dipping, poor guy, working essentially from 6 am to 6 pm every day), which means I've got more free time on my hands since I've got to keep the kids quiet and away from him while he does it. (I wish someone would do that for me while I'm working!) But all that means I have more time for picture-taking. And I've been trying really hard to learn how to use this camera on manual. It's slow, but I'm learning.

As a side note, my grandma wants to know why I don't have more pics of Mr. A. Simple. He never wants to pose, and he's always out playing with his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment