Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Belated 4th


That was a long break! I haven't been taking pictures much anyway lately, which is lame, because I just got this great photography book and have been promising myself I would get better at using the camera. In my defense, it is so dang hot here, all I want to do is sleep in the dark with a fan blowing directly on me. I can't stand being outside right now. As I type this it is 5PM and 98 degrees outside.



So anyway, the 4th! We went to Pismo with our aunts and cousins. It was nice to get out of the heat. Pismo is nice, but I don't understand all the hype about it, to be honest. The sand is heavenly, but there are nicer beach communities. It is cute, though, and we had fun. It's sort of odd to think this is our last 4th of July. When we moved to France, we sort of had it in the backs of our heads that we'd move back to the US eventually (back then, we thought we'd be on the East Coast for M's grad school). This time, not so much.


I didn't see Mr. A most of the 4th, because he was busy digging a trench in the sand on the beach, which kept him occupied all day. I need to take a pic of his tan line, because it is insane. He will look Ecuadorian by the end of the summer.

Mini-Minion was in her element with all the attention. Isn't this a cute picture? Or I guess it would have been had she not done whatever it is she did with her toes and made it look like I buy her sandals for a one year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment