Monday, October 26, 2009

It's-a me, Mario!



M got this hat because we've officially become those losers who buy too many Wii games. They've mistaken us for Mario and now we get his dry cleaning. Wow, that was lame. Either way, Miss A has commandeered the Mario hat. In fact, she's wearing it as I'm typing this. No joke.

And what does Miss A/Mario do when she's not wearing the red hat? Make gigantic messes, of course. This one was created during Mr. A's lessons today. That is glitter you're seeing. M thought it might have been Oreos. Oh, no. It is most definitely glitter. You can see it better if you click on the picture. Yikes. And the cleanup in the playroom wasn't fun either.


She was seriously so proud of herself. She spent the rest of the early afternoon before her nap trying to dig back in the craft box.


In non mess-related news, we've been trying to make the most out of our last American Halloween. I know the Brits have been making more of an effort with Halloween, and I'm a little comforted by that, but we're really trying to enjoy what we can here while we can. We've been watching lots of "spooky" movies, mostly whatever is on ABC Family. So far, we've run through The Witches, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, The Addams Family, and Beetlejuice (only the last half, because I didn't realize it was on). We have Edward Scissorhands (Mr. A really wants to see it) and Hocus Pocus on DVR.

The costumes are coming along. The hard part is coming up, and I've been putting it off. I need to just jump in and give it a go. They're coming together, though. They'll be good enough for trick-or-treating anyway. I don't think I have anything else to buy, so the running total so far is $9 for Miss A and $19.5 for Mr. A.


M says if for some reason they don't turn out, the kids can always go as Mario and Peach. The problem is, I don't know which one would go as Mario. I think we'd see a huge fight break out over the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment