Sunday, October 4, 2009

On lazy days and cleaning up after toddlers

I love days like this, because we do almost nothing. It's really relaxing. And it's very rare. Of course, doing nothing doesn't count for much with Miss A. Mostly because we start the day with the playroom looking like this:


After awhile, she starts itching to make a mess. Then we start noticing. . .This happened over a period of maybe 5 minutes.


The final product, which we get to clean up at least twice a day:


There are many other areas she does this in, including her toy area in the living room. I can't tell you how many times a day we have to clean this up. I can't wait to get rid of all this stuff.


Miss A is very lucky she's so sweet. Whenever she gets feisty, she already knows she can make it better by patting us on the leg and saying, "I love you!"


Besides, she makes me laugh even when she's just standing there. I don't know what it is about her, but she's just funny. Even when she's making more messes.


Today is also a good day because I get a break from P90X. It's either a stretching night or a break night. So I'm choosing the break. We may take the kids over to the high school in a little bit to run laps on the track, but no high-intensity nonsense tonight.

That is, if we can tear Mr. A away from the Xbox, which I think he might try to marry. He is seriously in heaven, as if we had never had one of these things before. AND our Lips wireless microphones now work with Rock Band, so he's on a natural high.



The great thing about Mr. A is that he's still at that age where they say really funny things. In his case, he sings really funny things. Like "Enjoy the Science" instead of "Enjoy the Silence." I'll have to pin down some of his great Michael lyrics since he's on a massive MJ kick right now.

This was right before "I'm a little tea pot, short and spout," which Marc loaded onto the xbox for Miss A.


And now I'm off. We might even be able to watch a movie tonight. At the very least, I'd like to get caught up on The Daily Show, which I wasn't able to watch all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment