Thursday, October 22, 2009

More on the Halloween costumes


Oh, 2009 Halloween costumes. I feel like I'll be looking at these things constantly for 10 solid days. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I'm hoping they come out awesome, and that makes me excited. On the other hand, I'm tired of spending what seems like forever making them.

I actually think I'm ahead of where I thought I would be on them, which is great. I didn't plan to start Miss A's until this weekend, but I've been working furiously in my "spare" time to get hers started. So last night, I began the hat. I worked on it this morning while Miss A ran around the backyard in a Izod dress that is probably too short for her and some legwarmers that probably really don't match the dress. Ehhh. . .She picked silver shoes to wear with it.


So this is what the hat looked like as of 10AM today. It's the same one I made for her last year, when she was a cat.



I spent the rest of the morning finishing it up and getting the hair ready. After Miss A laid down for her nap, I got Mr. A set up and started attaching the hair to the hat. This was the result by about 1:30PM.


And so, well, that's that, right? Yeah, right. Either our horse friend there or Mr. A stretched out the hat, and now it's too big for Miss A. Grrr. I think I might try sewing a piece of elastic around like a headband to see if that will help keep it in place. Miss A seemed to like it anyway, though. When she got up from her nap, I tried it on her, we laughed, and she said, "Pitty!" Yes, very pitty indeed. I'm hoping the yarn straightens out some before Halloween so it isn't wavy looking.

I've got to start her dress, but I'm a little overwhelmed by it, and what usually happens when I get overwhelmed by things is I either:

a. tackle them immediately to get them out of the way
or
b. ignore them and/or forget about them until it's almost too late

I'm really trying to do the whole "take it one step at a time" thing. But I'm already doing that with Mr. A's costume, and I don't know if I can be rational and levelheaded about two things at once. That might be asking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment