Saturday, October 3, 2009

What we do for fun

We're pretty hard up for entertainment in these parts, so after driving Ryan around to school and work on Thursday I did what I could and took the kids to the cemetery, where they could see real flowers and mylar balloons. Ok, it was really to change the flowers on my mom's and great-grandparents' headstones. GeeGee and Papa met us there, and poor GeeGee had a time of it with Miss A trying to get on her scooter. It ended with them flying down a row and Miss A's foot getting lodged under the scooter. It's a good thing I'm possibly THE most relaxed non-neglectful mother in the world, because I just laughed. Miss A was fine. Poor GeeGee.



I forgot my camera, so you get crappy phone camera pics. The cemetery was. . .nice? I don't know. How does one describe a cemetery. Oh! I know! It was not nice. Not nice at all. There were fire ants all over the headstones, and they kept biting us. Those suckers hurt!

Miss A was not impressed by the cemetery. Mr. A, on the other hand, usually is very impressed by it. He was confused by our visit to (his) great-great-grandparents, so he asked if the cemetery caretakers move the bodies at night. He thought they dug up my mom and moved her. Gross.


I'm pretty sure my grandparents aren't exactly excited about the prospect of going with us to the cemetery anytime soon. Between digging people up and feet getting run over, we're a good time, though.

Friday was a good day. We were busy. We had to go back to the doctor's office so I could get my TB test read. Then we tried to find a shirt for Mr. A at Gap, but it was a no-go. :( We stopped by the Disney Store to try on the Alice in Wonderland costume on Miss A, but it was ridiculously big in the chest. No way, Jose.

Miss A lived on Ritz crackers all day. She appropriately calls crackers "Craaaaaack." She acts like they're crack. My goodness.


Of course she really didn't live on Ritz crackers all day, because our aunt generously invited us over for barbeque hamburgers. We're getting rid of---I mean, we're being abandoned by---our grandparents for a month, so we all threw a party---I mean, said goodbye. It was fun. Miss A and Mr. A were in heaven with their cousins.



When we got home, our new Xbox (our old one red-ringed us) was waiting, along with. . .Beatles Rock Band! Woo hoo! It was very exciting for all of us. You might even be seeing some Rock Band videos up here soon. ;)


M and the kids tried to go garage saleing (is that even a verb?) today, but they had no luck. We're trying to find cheap weights for our P90X adventures. Maybe tomorrow.

Otherwise, we spent all day playing Rock Band. Well, not all day. Just most of the day. Miss A and I ventured out to WalMart today, and every time I go to that place, I swear I won't go back. But I always do. For shame on me.

In good news, I finished an entire P90X workout. It was the KempoX one. Almost an hour of hardcore kicking and punching. I have never sweat so much in my life. It was gross.

Also, our (mine and Mr. A's) Latin books arrived today. His looks easy. Mine. . .not so much. I opened it, and the entire dang thing is in Latin. The ENTIRE thing. There is not a single English word in the whole book. :/ Well. It starts out easy enough, but after two or three pages, I understand less and less. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment