Friday, October 30, 2009

I am not Julia Child


Personally, I think there should be a law against me being in the kitchen for longer than it takes to grab food or unload the dishwasher. I am really not into anything kitchen related. It has always been this way. In fact, I was just talking to my grandparents today about how much I suck at life to the point where I can't even enjoy baking things. I never wanted an Easy Bake oven. I never liked decorating cookies or cupcakes.

So I fake it for my kids.



Last night, we made puzzle piece cookies. I don't know how much they enjoyed it. Miss A seems to take after me. She's done in about five minutes. Mr. A, on the other hand, does seem to like to decorate a little bit. It took him about an hour to decorate his cookie. he did it all by himself because Miss A pooped out on us at around 9:30. I don't know how much she would have liked the whole decorating thing anyway.


I ended up decorating the second one, which, if you've read the above stuff, you know was right up my alley. I literally spent five minutes on it, just slapping frosting down wherever so it would be covered.



After Mr. A went to sleep, I finished making the Halloween fudge for M to take to work, as well as these cheesecake fudge things that totally didn't come out right. They didn't bake long enough, even though I baked them for the maximum recommended time and the instructions were all crazy about NOT overbaking. Humph. But of course I didn't realize they were underbaked until this morning. Oh, well. Mr. A said they weren' that good anyway. At least the Halloween fudge came out ok.


You know what else isn't coming out? The darn Halloween costumes I've spent too much time on. They're just not what I envisioned. But they'll work for trick or treating. So I give you:

Unfinished Jack


Unfinished Sally (yes, the wig will look better tomorrow when it's actually attached)

No comments:

Post a Comment