Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday, September 30th

I think I'm going to start using this for what it was intended as--an actual blog. Shocker, I know. Maybe I'll let REAL people start looking at it so no one can complain that we never send updates anymore. People can get a fun glimpse into our days. Muahahaha.

M and I started P90X a few days ago. That program was invented by a sadist. A horrible, horrible sadist. We can't even get through an entire workout. ONE HOUR of push ups and pull ups? No thank you. So we do what we can. Yet we still feel like we've been run over by large machinery.

My day started out with a bang! Not really. Mr. A had something stuck in his left ear that we suspected was a wood chip (he had a wood chip in his right ear as well, but I was able to remove that one). So M made an appointment at the ped's office for this morning. At 9:15. Which is so convenient. Sarcasm is hard online, so let me just clarify: No, it was NOT convenient. At all. We did make it on time, though. On time to sit in the waiting room for over an hour and sit in the exam room for another 30 minutes. :/ Not a great way to start the day. By the time they had irrigated his ear and given me a TB test (long story short, I need it to work in the arch lab at the community college), our entire visit had taken 2 hours and 15 minutes.

After we got home, ate, and Miss A went down for her nap, Mr. A learned about continents and worked on his multiplication tables. He also did a French lesson, but he decided he wants to learn Latin with me, so I'm only keeping him on the French to occupy his time until our Latin books come. Then we'll see which one he REALLY wants to do. My money is on the French, but we'll see.

I tried to take a short nap this afternoon, but Mr. A kept wanting to make very unfortunate, loud noises that made it impossible to sleep. Apparently this was the soundtrack to whatever strange game he created. Once he quieted down, though, my cell phone started buzzing. Seriously? Yes, seriously. I have the worst luck. Once the cell phone stopped, Miss A decided it was time to wake up. Nap time foiled.

We had a snack and Miss A showed off her rather impressive ability to sort of sing along with the Spongebob Squarepants theme. Now before anyone gets crazy, she has seen it twice. I guess it made that great of an impression. Spongebob is rather impressive. Wait until I bust out the dance moves Mr. A and I used to do when he was little. Spongebob will be imprinted on her mind forever.

She wanted to go outside, and I thought I'd pretend like I know how to use my camera. By setting it on "auto" of course. She looked really cute trying her hardest to make the toys roll across the lawn, like usual. Well, it's cute until she gets angry and looks at me like I forced her to try to push something across grass. Personally, I think we ought to try out her skills on the lawnmower. She seems to be the only one who is really interested in using it.



Then I noticed she had somehow gotten yogurt on her shirt, in spite of wearing a bib while eating. This is sort of a "thing" for her, and I don't quite know how she does it. You can see the faint spots of peach right above the "N" in "Dance". Fun. I just don't get it. It's like she contorts herself to reach up UNDER the bib and smear yogurt on her clothes.



Notice her attention is elsewhere. As I was checking the photo above, she made a beeline for the plastic green turtle, which apparently had gotten filled with water thanks to the sprinklers. It was a cool 77 degrees here today--the perfect temperature for a swim. Which she did. She sort of flopped over into the turtle. She didn't seem fazed at all by the fact that she was SOAKING WET. Or that the water was disgusting looking and filled with dead pine needles. Puppy had to investigate. Yep. It's gross.



In fact, she was pretty pleased with herself, because she kept smacking her wet hands together like she was putting on lotion. And she was rather annoyed with me for ruining the fun. Notice the wet line at the hem of her skirt and the "fun" way her shirt is sticking to her belly. Her lovely legwarmers were soaked as well. Nice. Although I'm not too sure about the leg warmers. I get the feeling that they look like pants that have been pulled down.



I rarely make the kids change during the day, but I couldn't let her run around soaking wet, especially because it's not that hot out anymore. So onto outfit #2, which was the perfect choice for ladylike moves like:



By this time, Mr. A and his friends decided to hang out in the backyard with us, so they kept Miss A's attention. She was done with me at any rate. I got no more attention until she needed food.



The poor boys were having some sort of sword fight or. . .foam bat fight. I'm not really sure what exactly they were doing. But my job was to keep Miss A out of it, which was tough because she really wanted to get in there with them. Mr. A was not amused.




Really not amused. And he's always convinced his pants are falling down when they're not. They fit him PERFECTLY in the waist. It's like some kind of OCD thing. Ridiculous. He's like, "Staaaaaaahhhhp. They're falling down." Then he yanks them up practically to his chest while I'm pulling in the other direction. "No, YOU stop. Now you just look silly. Your pants are now fake manpris." Which are worse than real manpris. Arrrgh. But I told him I bought Miss A some ruffled leggings that match the brown/blue print in the middle of his monster. I kindly suggested that since he was having such issues with his pants, he might want to use Miss A's size 2 leggings, and then he could still match his tee. I got a real guffaw out of that one, which he quickly covered up and claimed was because of the game he was playing. Yeah, right. I know why you were laughing, Peter Pan man.



After M came home, I managed to make it to Gap to try to get the brown tutu Dance line skirt for Miss A. No luck. They're sold out of brown. They had a 12-18 pink and a 4T pink. That store was wiped out. Oh well. She didn't really need it. I was tempted to pick up the Tinkerbelle costume from the Disney Store and go the lazy route for Halloween, but something seems off about that. On my way home, I dropped off Mr. A's prescription that Dr. J told us to use for his skin rash.

After we ate, Mr A and Miss A ran around the house screaming until my head hurt. I put her to bed, played piano to calm down some, and then M and I went for our warm-up walk. We don't have weights, so we skipped Shoulders and Arms on P90X and did Yoga instead. It was brutal, and I probably won't be able to walk in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment