Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday, April 14th, 2009

Boy was it cold today! Poor Mr. A went to school in shorts and a t-shirt, because today was the first day the kids could wear shorts to school, and I was a little overeager.

I didn't want to break out Miss A's winter stuff that might possibly still fit, so I used layering. I actually think it came out pretty cute! I put her in a l/s onesie, followed by the yellow Gap Sunflower dress. Underneath, she wore lace leggings by Gigi Girl. The shoes are also from the Sunflower line, and they got lots of compliments when we went shopping tonight. I like them because I can take the ankle strap off later and use them as slip ons. Genius! I put a sunflower clip in her hair initially, but she decided the outfit looked better without it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Mr. A had a day. . .like I said, I got a little eager to put him in shorts, so the poor thing probably froze most of the day. He didn't complain, though. Both the shorts and shirt are from Gymboree. I thought the shorts would go great with a lot of his summer things. Baby blue is a hot color for boys this year, and so is brown. There are at least three Boden shirts he can easily wear with these, which means we'll get a lot more use out of them.

I like the shirt, but I think the original SKUs, which had "Board?" written underneath the figure were much better. The "Board?" was just ironic and great. But they omitted it on the final product. Oh, and if anyone cares, the windbreaker is from Gap. It's got an awesome hood that rolls up in the back, and it's uber lightweight.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. adorable! we layered that dress too when it was chilly. the color is stunning on Ava!

    and poor Alex, freezing because his mommy loves fashion haha. he looks super cute though! :)

    ReplyDelete